Is Santa Monica a suburb? One blog says it is, and not only that, it’s one of the best suburbs in all of the U.S.
Movoto, which admits to tracking “quirky real estate trends,” has come out with the top 10 most exciting suburbs.
So how did Movoto define exciting? Looking at this criteria:
These are the 10 criteria we surveyed:
- Park acreage per person
- Percent of population between 20 and 34 years old
- Fast food restaurants per square mile (the fewer the better)
- Bars per square mile
- Big box stores per square mile (the fewer the better)
- Population diversity
- Movie theaters per square mile
- Museums per square mile
- Theater companies per square mile
- Music venues per square mile
Seeing that, Santa Monica makes perfect sense. We’re surprised it ranked No. 5. Come on, Quincy, Mass. No. 2? It’s nickname is the “City of Presidents.”
Historical? Yes. Important? Yes. Exciting?
YOU BE THE JUDGE. TELL US IN THE COMMENTS.