Nickelodeon is giving up to 500 California-resident kids, ages 10-15, the opportunity to compete in a series of half-court shot challenges at the Westfield Culver City mall during the road to the network’s inaugural Kids’ Choice Sports 2014 awards show.
Participants will compete from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 12 in multiple rounds of basketball shooting challenges with the ultimate winner getting five chances to shoot a half-court shot live during the awards show on Thursday, July 17, and win $50,000 if they make one basket. For official rules, eligibility and other requirements, click here or ask the Nickelodeon representative at the Westfield Culver City mall activation area.
The mall is located at 6000 Sepulveda Blvd.
Kids must be in registration line no later than 2 p.m., or until 500 entrants are registered.
The Kids’ Choice Sports 2014 $50,000 Half-Court Shot Contest is hosted by Jeff Sutphen (Figure It Out).
Additional Kids’ Choice Sports activities at the mall include:
- Dance party: DJ J Boogie will be on-site spinning the best in Top 40 music.
- Voting kiosks: Four Kids’ Choice Sports Awards voting kiosks will be present where fans can cast their vote to help choose this year’s winners.
- Face painting stations: Show Nick spirit by sporting the Kids’ Choice Sports blimp trophy.
- Orange carpet photo opportunity: Strike a pose and snap a pic on the orange carpet.
- Character meet and greet: Take photos with Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Virtual sliming video: Kids are placed in front of a green screen and guided to react to a pretend sliming. Kids can download and share their virtual slime video.
Nickelodeon’s inaugural Kids’ Choice Sports 2014 is an awards show honoring kids’ favorite athletes, teams and sports moments in one big, slimy sports celebration. Hosted and executive produced by Michael Strahan (LIVE with Kelly and Michael, Fox NFL Sunday), Kids’ Choice Sports 2014 will be telecast live on Thursday, July 17 (8 p.m. ET/PT), from UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles.
Kids will pick their favorites in an array of 15 kid-focused categories including Favorite Male and Female Athlete, “Sickest Moves,” “King and Queen of Swag,” “Favorite Newcomer” and “Don’t Try This at Home Award.” Kids Choice Sports will also feature performances by Pharrell Williams and Florida Georgia Line.