Hundreds of clean water supporters and outdoor enthusiasts will gather at Santa Monica Beach for a day of stand-up paddling including competitive and fun races, demos, lessons, SUP sea cleanup, and SUP Yoga! Bring friends and the whole family to enjoy music, refreshments, a kids area featuring a watershed model, and more!
In celebration of the Clean Water Act’s 40th Anniversary and Earth Day, Santa Monica Baykeeper and the Waterkeeper Alliance will host the 1st Annual Splash: Stand-Up for Clean Water paddleboard race & festival to raise awareness about stormwater runoff and ocean pollution, and Santa Monica Baykeeper’s role in the protection & restoration of waterways in Los Angeles County.
Register now to participate and join the fun at prosupshop.com/special-events.
It's $25 to enter the fun race, $35 for the competitive race while the earth day festival and all the other activities are FREE.
- Santa Monica Baykeeper Marine Programs Outreach booth
- Santa Monica Baykeeper Stormwater Sampling Demonstration booth
- Kids Education Circle with watershed model, and marine discovery boxes
- Waterkeeper Alliance information booth
- Clean Water Act Anniversary speakers featuring special remarks by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Various clean water org outreach booths
- Yoga on the beach & on the water
- Stand Up Paddleboard Demos & Lessons
- Beach Cleanup
- Pre-Race Clinic
- 5 Mile Elite Race
- 1 Mile Fun Race