Here are five things residents of Santa Monica need to know today.
1. Fall recreation classes are scheduled to begin on Monday, Sept. 9, in Santa Monica, so sign up now. Click here to reserve your spot.
2. The Ocean Park Book Group will meet at the Ocean Park Library at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7. The library is located at 2601 Main St.
3. If you're wondering what traffic is like in your neighborhood, check out our live traffic conditions in and around Santa Monica here.
4. Be sure to like the Santa Monica Patch on Facebook, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for breaking news in your neighborhood.
5. We're trying something new on Santa Monica Patch: open blogs. With
our new platform, Patch sites lost our community galleries. Instead, we
have open blogs, where we can invite readers to enter posts about all
sorts of topics. Our first open blog is a place for photos to
replace the old galleries. Share the Santa Monica scene by creating your
own post on the Santa Monica Snapshot blog. The first post tells you how!