In conjunction with Visit California’s fourth annual California Restaurant month, Santa Monica will be hosting its second annual Eat Well Week, Jan. 5-12.
“California is home to some of the most passionate, award-winning chefs on the globe who have a true talent for creating delicious cuisine using fresh, local ingredients,” Caroline Beteta, Visit California president and CEO stated in a press release. “Visitors in January can sample the state's inspiring culinary culture because California Restaurant Month allows visitors and locals alike the opportunity to discover why California is truly one of the world's best places to dine.”
The promotion is part of Visit California’s, the state’s tourism commission, campaign to attract culinary visitors to the state. According to a report by Dean Runyan Associates, culinary tourism accounted for 29 percent of visitors’ spending in the state. That translates to $28.5 billion in 2012.
In Santa Monica, several top restaurants will be offering prix-fixe menus as well as healthy menu options.
Here's the list of participating restaurants:
- Al Mare, 250 Santa Monica Pier
- Blue Stove, 220 Broadway
- Cast at the Viceroy, 1819 Ocean Ave.
- Del Frisco's Grille Santa Monica, 1551 Ocean Ave.
- JiRaffe, 502 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Lago, 231 Arizona Ave.
- Loteria Grill, 1251 Third Street Promenade
- Ocean & Vine, 1700 Ocean Ave.
- Seasons 52, 1501 Ocean Ave.
- The Curious Palate, 395 Santa Monica Place
- The Lobster, 1602 Ocean Ave.
- Redwood Grille, 395 Santa Monica Place
- Tiato, 2700 Colorado Ave.
- Upper West Restaurant, 3321 Pico Blvd.