L.A.'s biggest holiday run is Saturday starting at the beach in Santa Monica.
Thousands of costumed runners participating in the 35th Annual Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run will make their way through Venice along the famous boardwalk starting with a 10K at 7:30 a.m. and a 5K at 9:15 a.m.
Street closures will be in effect much of the morning in Venice and Santa Monica:
5 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bernard Way between Ocean Park Boulevard and Neilson Way
6 a.m. to 11 am.
- Neilson Way/Pacific Avenue between Ocean Park and South Venice Boulevard
- South Venice between Ocean Front Walk and Lincoln Boulevard
- Abbott Kinney Boulevard between South Venice and Washington Boulevard
- Ocean Front Walk between South Venice and Navy Street
- Navy between Ocean Front Walk and Pacific Avenue
Residents west of Pacific Avenue and between Navy Street and South Venice may exit or enter across Pacific between 7 and 7:50 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. and after 9:50 a.m. with assitance from Los Angeles Department of Transportation officers.
For more information about the race, visit christmasrun.com.
Watch footage of last year's event: