Ryan Seacrest will continue to produce and host "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" under a "multi-year" contract extension announced Wednesday.
Seacrest began co-hosting the show with Clark in 2005, but he took over full-time hosting duties last year following Clark's death.
"I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve,'" Seacrest said, thanking Dick Clark Productions' CEO Allen Shapiro for continuing their partnership. The production company is in Santa Monica.
"I'm humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver," he said.
The show will continue to be aired on ABC. The exact length of the contract extension with Seacrest was not announced.
"Ryan and I started this partnership together in 2005," Shapiro said. "He has been a key factor in the extended and expanded success of the show. It's very difficult to take over a franchise created by an icon and grow it. Ryan has done just that."