Join 10 Main Street bars and restaurants Thursday as they kickoff summer with their first "Passport to Main Street" event, a night of DJs and live music and discounted cocktails and food.
Spence Bovee of Circle Bar, one of the participating venues, said the event is a new "nightlife concept we all wanted to try... come to your usual place or discover a new one," he said.
Participating bars and restaurants include 31Ten Lounge, Areal, Basement Tavern, Brick+Mortar, Chaya Venice, Circle, Bar, Hollywood Smoke, Main on Main, O'Brien's Irish Pub and Restaurant and Rick's Tavern.
"We're trying this out with this initial group of venues and see how it goes," Bovee said. "It's not a bar crawl and [we're] not really trying to do a First Friday. Just a way to start working together to collectively promote a fun night on Main Street and draw a good crowd from Santa Monica and beyond."
DRINK AND FOOD SPECIALS:
- 31TEN Lounge: DJ Spyder will spin from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. Extended happy hour until 10 p.m. No cover.
- : Craft cocktails, beer, and farm to plate food on large outdoor patio along with an extended happy hour all night.
- : Summer cocktail menu and new beer selection. Happy hour 5-8 p.m. with half-off food and great drink specials. Live music on the patio 6-9 p.m. with singer/songwriter Jeff Gilbert from Yikes. The Orlando Napier Band plays at 9 p.m. in the basement.
- : Happy hour 4-7 p.m. $5 well drinks and house wines. $2 off draft beers, plus food specials.
- Chaya Venice: $5 Moscow Mules served in copper mugs all night long
- : Tequila sunrise, Jack and Cokes, Sailor Jerry and Coke cocktails are $5 until midnight. Dance party with DJ Zac La Roc.
- : Free glass of wine with any cigar purchase.: DJ COLECO spins old-school and new-school variety with drink specials all night starting at 9 p.m. No cover.
- : Happy hour until 7 p.m. “Thirsty Thursdays” with PBR & Jager specials starting at 9 p.m. Live Rock from NYCO.
- : Burger special all night—half-pound burger and fries for $5.99. Full bar with drink specials throughout the night!