In celebration of California Restaurant Month and to launch Santa Monica's inaugural Eat Well Week, top local restaurants will introduce new, healthy menus for a limited time starting Monday.
Sixteen restaurants are participating, with some offering options more healthy than others (a selection of menus are below). Prices range from $29 to $45 for a pre-fixe menu and from $8.95 to $39 for a single entrée.
In addition to those listed below, participating restaurants include BOA Steakhouse, Jiraffe, Dhaba Cuisine of India, True Food Kitchen, Shoop's Delicatessen, Le Pain Quotidien and The Lobster.
For a full list of participating restaurants, visit santamonica.com/eatwell. The menus will be available from Jan. 6 through Jan. 13.
A selection of Eat Well Week menus:
- Border Grill, $29 pre-fixe menu
- Bocaditos: Green corn tamale, plantain empanada
- Platos Especiales (choose one): Chile relleno, grilled vegetable chilaquiles, roasted potato rojas relleno
- Postres: Choice of any homemade dessert
- Sushi Roku, $34 pre-fixe menu
- Appetizers (choose one): Seared albacore sashimi, tuna sashimi carpaccio, filet mignon wrapped asparagus
- Entrées (chose one): Seven-piece sushi assortment and a spicy tuna roll, grilled ji-dori free range chicken, grilled salmon
- Desserts: Mini chocolate volcano, green tea mochi ice cream, fresh fruit
- Rusty's Surf Ranch
- Appetizers: Fresh veggies and guacamole ($6.95), blue bacon wedge salad ($9.95)
- Entrées: Lime cilantro veggie wrap ($8.95), spinach shrimp salad ($12.75), grilled Atlantic salmon ($16.95)
- Desserts: Homemade oatmeal cranberry cookies ($3.00)
- Zengo, $35 pre-fixe menu
- First Course: Tuna carpaccio
- Second course: Aspargus tacos
- Third course: Achiote salmon
- Upper West, $33 pre-fixe menu
- Appetizers (choose one): Charred broccoli salad, carpaccio, braised golden beets
- Entrées (choose one): Poached salmon, soba noodle pho (vegan), chipotle rubbed pork tenderloin
- Dessert: Heirloom tomato sorbet
- Ocean & Vine
- Appetizers: Roasted garlic spinach and red chard broth ($10), Santa Monica Farmers' Market Greens ($13), Pacific Lobster Persimmon Salad ($19)
- Entrées: Vegan linguini primavera ($26), California local sea bass ($29), orange roast chicken breast ($28), Sonoma duck breast ($34), California vineyard smoked beef tenderloin ($39)
- Wilshire Restaurant, $45 pre-fixe menu
- Appetizer (choose one): Red kuri coconut soup, field greens sald
- Entrées (choose one): Pan roasted half chicken, grilled branzino
- Dessert: Citrus semifredo, assorted seasonal sorbets