Greetings, and thanks for swinging by today.
Santa Monica Patch is looking for bloggers. Do you love Santa Monica and love writing about it just as much? If you'd like to share your posts with Santa Monica Patch, drop a line to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.
And now, here's what's up today:
- partly cloudy
- high temperature: 70 degrees
- low temperature: 56 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 64 percent
- sunrise: 6:10 a.m.
- sunset: 7:34 p.m.
The Main Event
- Anti-nuclear activists will recognize the 25th anniversary of Chernobyl with a free screening of The China Syndrome, the flick that presaged the disaster. The movie will be shown at the at 7 p.m.; afterward, speakers will talk about nukes and a public discussion will also be held.
- The Interim Zoning Ordinance will likely be the hottest topic at tonight's meeting. The agenda is here. As usual, the meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at .
- Tonight the will stage the first of three open houses surrounding its Strategic Plan Update Process. The open house is happening at the cafeteria tonight, the cafeteria on Wednesday and the Malibu High School library on Thursday. Each night, a presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m., with breakout discussions taking place from 7 to 8 p.m. A Spanish translator will assist with each presentation.
- Are you stocked up on survival products? If not, drop by the One-Stop Prep Shop Unique Emergency Preparedness Event, to be held in the parking lot from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. SOS Survival Products, and will have flashlights, First Aid kits and other items; don't forget to bring your “I’ve Got 7” pledge card.
- If you're a fan of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy, don't miss one of the accompanying films, The Girl Who Played With Fire. From 6:30 to 9 p.m., it'll be shown for free in the 's MLK Auditorium.
Last but Not Least
- Kids ages 5 to 9 are invited to make suncatchers at the from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m.
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On Apr. 26, 1992, the Assistance League of Santa Monica celebrated the grand opening of the Bargain Bazaar on Montana Ave.
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.
Did you or another administrative professional you know receive a free bundt cake today?