Greetings, and welcome the latest edition of The SM AM Report.
Here's what we published Wednesday, in case you missed us:
Now, here's what's up today:
- cloudy in the morning, sunny in the evening
- high temperature: 72 degrees
- low temperature: 58 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 73 percent
- sunrise: 6:12 a.m.
- sunset: 7:46 p.m.
The Main Event
- Rapper Xzibit, who is a former Boys & Girls Club member and host of MTV's Pimp My Ride, will be at the organization's from 3 to 6 p.m. for a new initiative called "Ready to Role." Go here to read more about it.
- Also coming to town today is Carol Quinn, the author of Follow My Lead: What Training My Dogs Taught Me About Life, Love, and Happiness. She'll be at starting at 7 p.m.
- Farmers, along with fans of the Santa Monica farmers market, will congregate at the 's MLK Auditorium to celebrate the market's 30th anniversary. They plan to talk about how the market has changed over the past 30 years, and what it might look like 30 years from now. The discussion starts at 7 p.m.
- The continues with a throwback concert featuring Royal Crown Revue, Orgone and Ameera. The 's historic La Monica Ballroom will be recalled at the show, which will take place from 7 to 10 p.m. (on the pier, of course).
- Four bands play at tonight for presented by the Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team. Cat Sexual, This Is My Empire, Gypsy Disco Caravan and Club Soda will perform; Red Bull vodka drinks will be served for $5.
Last but Not Least
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On Aug. 11, 1904, Santa Monica's Main Library (which has since relocated) was dedicated (source: Images of America: Early Santa Monica).
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.