Greetings, and welcome the last SM AM Report of the week.
Here's what we published Thursday, in case you missed us:
Now, here's what's up today:
- cloudy in the morning, sunny in the evening
- high temperature: 69 degrees
- low temperature: 60 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 73 percent
- sunrise: 6:13 a.m.
- sunset: 7:45 p.m.
The Main Event
- Billy Crystal is slated to talk about City Slickers for the 's 20th anniversary showing of the film. The discussion will take place after the 7:30 p.m. screening and be moderated by the Los Angeles Times' Geoff Boucher. Tickets are $11, with discounts available.
- Behold: A Queer Performance Festival is now in its sixth weekend at . This weekend's show is Sean Dorsey's Uncovered: The Diary Project. "Using text from real-life diaries of LGBT people, this award-winning show fuses dance, theater and storytelling to reveal lives and stories that history has tried to erase," the theater said.
- Hip-hop/dance DJ SuperDre drops by tonight, along with opening acts Beach Life Kings, Ashrobot and DJ Brett Miller. Doors open at 9 p.m., and the music starts an hour later. Admission is free.
- The Art Deco Society of Los Angeles will host Cocktails in Historic Places in the Basement Tavern of . The event starts at 6 p.m.
- Santa Monica Rep's new adaptation of Shakespeare's The Tempest, which uses puppetry and live music to tell the story, continues at the . The show starts at 4:30 p.m. in front of the Marion Davies Guest House.
Last but Not Least
- The student-juried art exhibit that's been on display at the Emeritus College Art Gallery since June 30 ends its run today.
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On Aug. 12, 2004, President George W. Bush visited Santa Monica for a Presidential Gala. Anti-war activists held a related protest at .
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.
City News Service contributed to this report.