Greetings, and welcome to The SM AM Report.
Here's what we published Monday, in case you missed us:
Now, here's what's up today:
- cloudy in the morning, sunny in the evening
- high temperature: 74 degrees
- low temperature: 61 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 70 percent
- sunrise: 6:16 a.m.
- sunset: 7:40 p.m.
The Main Event
- The US Postal Service is hosting a seminar for small businesses, at Santa Monica's (1248 5th St.). Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping, free package pickup and other services will be discussed. The seminar, which is free, starts at 11 a.m.
- Ending tonight at midnight, the Santa Monica Housing Authority is accepting online pre-applications for its Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) waiting list. Only online applications will be accepted for the time being. Go here for more info.
- The hosts its latest today from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at . An Apple engineer will be on hand to discuss mobile-device management, iPad security and other tech issues. The event is free, and there will be a free lunch and raffle too.
- is launching a new weekly series tonight—although it'll be taking place on Mondays going forward. For Mind Game Mondays, tech company NeuroSky will show off its latest products. Also, cocktails will be served. It's happening from 6 to 8 p.m.
- The continues its streak of activities this week with a musical performance by . Accordion, toy piano, upright bass, clarinet, sax and flute are just some of the instruments you'll hear at the free show, which starts at 6:30 p.m.
Last but Not Least
- The hosts a free screening of the Marx Brothers classic starting at 3 p.m. in the MLK Auditorium.
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On Aug. 16, 1930, Hall of Fame football star Frank Gifford was born in Santa Monica.
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.
City News Service contributed to this report.