Greetings, and welcome to the SM AM Report of the week.
Here's what's up today:
- high temperature: 76 degrees
- low temperature: 64 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 69 percent
- sunrise: 6:22 a.m.
- sunset: 7:29 p.m.
The Main Event
- Jefferson Airplane legend Grace Slick drops by the tonight for a special concert. Advance reservations are required; for more info, call (310) 560-0999 or e-mail email@example.com. Go here for more info.
- A motions hearing is scheduled for this morning in a Los Angeles court regarding Santa Monica physician Dr. Lawrence H. Resnick and his clinic, the Woman’s Breast Center. They're being sued over allegations by two of the doctor's ex-patients that Resnick engaged in inappropriate conduct during breast examinations.
- Public-policy issues regarding farms and food will be under the scope at Food = Life, an open forum happening at . Sponsored by the SMC Public Policy Institute, the forum will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at SMC’s Bundy Campus (Room 123).
- Bar-hopping alert: The bars located in Santa Monica's so-called "Devil's Triangle" will take part in a Hawaiian-themed scavenger hunt and pub crawl tonight. Participating venues include (where the crawl begins), , , and (where the crawl ends). The cost to participate in the scavenger hunt is $10 (and Hawaiian-themed outfits are required). Prizes include a trip to Catalina Island, a snowboard and more.
- The continues this evening with a concert by Milongatron, who will grace for Tango on the Timbers night. The concert starts at 7 p.m., and tango lessons will take place an hour before.
Last but Not Least
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On Aug. 25, 1935, the Stanton Macdonald-Wright mural was unveiled at the Santa Monica Public Library. Go here for more information about the mural.
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.
City News Service contributed to this report.