Greetings, and welcome the SM AM Report.
Here's what we published Monday, in case you missed us:
Now, here's what's up today:
- cloudy in the morning, sunny in the evening
- high temperature: 69 degrees
- low temperature: 59 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 71 percent
- sunrise: 6:11 a.m.
- sunset: 7:48 p.m.
The Main Event
- Bryan Stow, the San Francisco Giants fan who was brutally assaulted at the Los Angeles Dodgers' opening-day game, will get a local boost of support at tonight. The Philadelphia-loving bar will unite sports fans of all stripes with , a benefit event that starts at 6:30 p.m.
- If you're thinking about enrolling in one of the city's Community Recreation Programs, today's the day to hop to it. Santa Monica residents get priority online-only registration—but the opportunity ends today. If you plan to register online, make sure you set up a city account first.
- Looking for a job? Get some help with your résumé at the . Beginning at 7 p.m., volunteers will give one-on-one assistance, helping you create a résumé or cover letter. They'll also help with completing online job applications.
- Brad Garrett, one of the best-known actors in the now-defunct TV sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond, continues his six-week acting class today. Participants in the at the ' Acting Studio are learning all aspects of comedic acting, from auditioning to character development to script analysis. Go here for more info about the class, which runs every Tuesday through Aug. 30.
- The also continues today, at . .
Last but Not Least
- The latest Write-Away Workshop—where writers can find inspiration and support—happens at the from 12 to 2:30 p.m.
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On Aug. 9, 1991, Americana icon Lucinda Williams performed at .
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.
Correction: Bryan Stow is a fan of the Giants, not the Dodgers.