Greetings, and welcome to The SM AM Report.
On Tuesday night, the unanimously approved the Development Agreement for the . Check back later today for more on the story.
Here's what we published Tuesday, in case you missed us:
Now, here's what's up today:
- cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon
- high temperature: 71 degrees
- low temperature: 61 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 10 percent
- humidity: 75 percent
- sunrise: 6:02 a.m.
- sunset: 7:59 p.m.
The Main Event
- The build-out space program at will be taken up by the Board of Education at a special meeting held tonight. The program is part of the Civic Center Joint Use Project with the city of Santa Monica. The item was postponed in previous board meetings. Tonight's meeting begins at 6 p.m. in the Board Room at the .
- The title of tonight's Activist Support Circle meeting says it all: " Critics Speak Out." The meeting will be held at the and start at 7 p.m., with refreshments served a half-hour earlier.
- If you're itching to talk about national issues as opposed to local ones, drop by , where the debt crisis will no doubt be the hot topic. People will start trickling into around 7 p.m.
- Supporters of the "Oil Money for Schools" ballot initiative will protest and recruit new members in front of from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more on the initiative, check out the related that Harrison Wills—who is an organizer, an SMC student and a Santa Monica resident—submitted to SM Patch.
- Local business professionals will mingle at a MidSummer Mixer hosted by The Santa Monica Jaycees at . The gathering, which is open to all, assembles at 6 p.m. There's no admission fee.
- Need a laugh? Check out , where you'll get 90 minutes' worth of comedy for only $5, as part of the Punk House 5-Year Anniversary Show. The fun starts at 9 p.m.
Last but Not Least
- Night Lights ends its run today at SMC's Pete & Susan Barrett Art Gallery. Go here for more info on the art exhibit, which features paintings depicting the dark side of the Valley.
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On July 27, 2003, the second-annual 24-hour American Cancer Society Relay for Life concluded at SMC’s Corsair Field.
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.