Greetings, and welcome to The SM AM Report.
Here's what we published Wednesday, in case you missed us:
Now, here's what's up today:
- partly cloudy
- high temperature: 71 degrees
- low temperature: 63 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 74 percent
- sunrise: 6:02 a.m.
- sunset: 7:58 p.m.
The Main Event
- Effective tonight at 11:59 p.m., Santa Monica's Housing Authority will purge its current Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) waiting list. "The purpose of purging the current waiting list is to ensure that all applicants and applicant information is current, accurate and timely," the authority said in a statement.
- This charity event smells good: Tonight, chefs from , , Spago and other high-end restaurants will grill on the beach at the Jonathan Beach Club (850 Pacific Coast Highway). An Evening on the Beach lasts from 6 to 10 p.m.; tickets are $150.
- The Senior Arts Foundation, in tandem with the Arts & Community Forum, is putting on a new art exhibit in the MLK Auditorium at the . will be unveiled today at 3 p.m.
- That's not the only art show opening today: Works from seven current and former students at will be on display at the . runs through early November.
- hosts the latest installment of Tale Spin tonight. The series features various folks telling their stories, which range from comic to tragic. Tonight's mysterious theme is The Stranger. Admission is $10.
Last but Not Least
- The hosts its \Mother Earth Days event at the Los Angeles Contemporary Museum of Art starting at 1:30 p.m.
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On July 28, 1939, Santa Monica City District Attorney Earl Warren made a declaration in which he defined the boundaries for gambling off the (source: Santa Monica Pier: A Century on the Last Great Pleasure Pier).
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.