Greetings, and welcome to the week's first SM AM Report. Hope you had a swell weekend.
Ours was busy. Here's what we published:
Today's looking relatively quiet for Santa Monica, so we're presenting fewer events than usual in the rest of our report:
- mostly sunny
- high temperature: 65 degrees
- low temperature: 54 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 20 percent
- humidity: 68 percent
- sunrise: 5:43 a.m.
- sunset: 8:03 p.m.
The Main Event
- The Santa Monica Police Activities League’s annual Charity Golf & Tennis Classic happens today at the MountainGate Country Club in Los Angeles. Lakers legend and PAL supporter James Worthy will be doing the hosting honors. “Mr. Worthy has been an inspiration to youth of all ages as a basketball player, entrepreneur and sports broadcaster,” Santa Monica PAL Director Eula Fritz said. After the sports contests, an awards ceremony banquet—also hosted by Worthy—will be held. Chief Timothy J. Jackman will be there too.
- 's Senior Art Show opens today at the Roberts Arts Gallery. It'll be open from 6 to 8 p.m.
- The Disabilities Commission meets today at the starting at 6:30 p.m. Call 310.458.8701 for more info.
Last but Not Least
- A Green Living Workshop will be held at the from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Go for more info.
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On June 6, 1986, the newly remodeled east end of the reopened (source: Santa Monica Pier: A Century on the Last Great Pleasure Pier).
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.