Happy St. Patrick's Day (is there a nickname for that?. In case you didn't notice, on Tuesday we formally kicked off our LA Marathon coverage with a preview article detailing the Santa Monica-related changes made to this year's race. We also published a guide of marathon-centric events leading up to the big event.
Also on Tuesday, we posted a report about Samohi senior Lauren Nadel being named All-CIF in water polo.
Now, on with today's SM AM Report:
- mostly cloudy
- high temperature: 64 degrees
- low temperature: 52 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 10 percent
- humidity: 62 percent
- sunrise: 7:03 a.m.
- sunset: 7:02 p.m.
The Main Event
- The Westside Family Health Center and The Women’s Foundation of California continue their recently launched "Lunch & Learn" series with a workshop called "Strong Start, Strong Child." WFHC Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Pat Chatfield will lead a talk about the latest trends in pediatric health, to help parents make better-informed decisions regarding the health of their children. The workshop is free, including the lunch, and will take place from 12 to 1:30 p.m. in the Annex Building. RSVP to Lisa Esparza at 310.450.4773 ext. 253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have an opinion about what the City of Santa Monica should do with the site at Fifth and Arizona? Voice it at tonight's related community workshop, happening from 7 to 9 p.m. at . RSVP to DowntownPlan@smgov.net or 310.458.8341.
- LA-area psychotherapists and life coaches—including Jamie Greene, the on-screen therapist for "The Bachelor"—will participate in tonight's Quality of Life Forum at the 's MLK Auditorium. The free discussion begins at 7 p.m.
- Movies on the Deck continues at this evening with a screening of The Godfather. As usual, the movie will be shown on the Dining Deck starting at 7 p.m. Also, throughout this month, the first 100 guests to Movies on the Deck screenings will be eligible for giveaways.
- If you didn't know that wine and Mediterranean food go together, prepare to be convinced. From 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., the Kabob ‘n' Roll food truck will be planted outside the 's wine bar, serving falafels, dolmas and the like. Try not to get too sloppy.
Last but Not Least
- Today, unveils a new art exhibit, by painter Paul Donaldson. It runs through Apr. 16.
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On Mar. 16, 1991, Wolfgang Van Halen was born in Santa Monica. In 2006, he replaced Michael Anthony as the bassist of iconic rock band Van Halen.
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.