Hi, everyone. Welcome to another (rainy-day?) edition of the SM AM Report.
Didn't pay a visit to Santa Monica Patch on Tuesday? Here's what you missed:
Also on Tuesday, the City Council .
Now, here's what's up today (it's packed, so we've once again expanded our event highlights):
- high temperature: 58 degrees
- low temperature: 46 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 80 percent
- humidity: 62 percent
- sunrise: 6:54 a.m.
- sunset: 7:08 p.m.
The Main Event
- —which, like so many other educational institutions these days, is facing —will hold a at 3 p.m. in the Theatre Arts Main Stage. College President Dr. Chui Tsang and others will address the budget and answer questions from attendees.
- Santa Monica's continues its National Boys & Girls Clubs Week celebrations with an from 5 to 7 p.m. Loads of activities will take place, including a young engineers showcase; an art exhibit; games galore (ping pong, bumper pool, ring toss, etc.); a Frozen T-Shirt Challenge; and basketball contests. On Tuesday, the club drew more than 150 participants in an attempt to for most people doing jumping-jacks at the same time.
- Academy Award-winning filmmaker Tony Bill will share behind-the-scenes recollections surrounding his movie Flyboys during to be held from 6:15 to 9 p.m. at the 's Justice Aviation Hanger. RSVP at FOSMO.org to reserve a seat, as space is limited.
- From 12 to 1:30 p.m., the Westside Family Health Center will hold a to the first gathering in its , which was called "How to Talk to Your Teen About Sex." Director of Outreach & Education Julie Kirk will answer questions about the topic, and a free lunch will be provided.
- Whole Foods shoppers, be sure to swing by the store today; made at the three Santa Monica locations—at Fifth and Wilshire, 23rd and Wilshire, and 14th and Montana—will be donated to the 's exhibitions, as well as its education and outreach programs.
- Scorpia Rising author Anthony Horowitz will of his new book at at 7 p.m. There will be games and prizes too.
- Progressives will likely be chatting about Libya, Wisconsin and NPR at tonight's , to be held at . The fun starts at 7 p.m.
Last but Not Least
- 's Movies on the Deck series continues at 7 p.m. with a screening of . Giveaways are available for the first 100 guests.
(Go here for more events happening today.)
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On Mar. 23, 2002, Memento and In the Bedroom were the big winners at that year's Independent Spirit Awards, which were held in Santa Monica.
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.