Hi everyone, and thanks for swinging by the latest edition of The SM AM Report. Here's what we published Tuesday in case you missed us:
We'll have more on the City Council meeting later today—as well as the latest edition of Ocean Views and a report on the return of Coach Marty Verdugo—but in the meantime, here's the rest of today's report:
- partly cloudy
- high temperature: 64 degrees
- low temperature: 57 degrees
- chance of precipitation: 0 percent
- humidity: 63 percent
- sunrise: 5:56 a.m.
- sunset: 7:46 p.m.
The Main Event
- In recognition of National Women's Health Week, will host a related free lecture from 12 to 1 p.m. in the Pete and Susan Barrett Art Gallery. A representative from will give the talk, which will revolve around women's reproductive health and safer sex practices. Go here for more info.
- Undocumented students are the focus of another free discussion happening at the same gallery from 6 to 7:30 p.m. IDEAS SMC is presenting the storytelling event, during which people will learn about the experiences of students without papers. Go here for more info.
- If you're a new actor trying to cut your teeth in L.A., don't miss "Breaking Into the Industry," a discussion happening from 7 to 10 p.m. at . The one-day, intensive course will touch on the basics about launching your acting career, as well as tips on self-marketing. The fee is $125.
- Three book clubs are happening today: the Homeschoolers' Book Club gathers at the from 1:30 to 3 p.m.; The Wish Stealers is discussed as part of "Books & Bites" at the from 5 to 5:45 p.m.; and the Mystery Book Group tackles Angel of Darkness and Death in Vienna at the same location from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- The Commission on the Status of Women convenes at the starting at 7 p.m. Go here to check out the agenda, which includes planning about Women’s History Month in 2012, and discussions about the Rosie's Girls Conference and the SM Child Care & Early Education Task Force.
Last but Not Least
- Movies on the Deck continues at this evening with a screening of Westside Story. As usual, the movie will be shown on the Dining Deck starting at 7 p.m.
This Day in Santa Monica History
- On May 11, 2009, the Craftsman Beach Bungalow at 3018 Third St. was designated as a historical landmark.
Did you take a great pic of SM in the early morning? Want to see it in The SM AM Report? Drop a note to Kurt.Orzeck@patch.com.