Close out your weekend with a recap of the newsiest and most popular Patch articles from last week. Here are the five stories that topped the headlines on Westside Patch sites:
- Two men suspected of pulling a gun on a Vons employee led police on a high-speed chase through Santa Monica and Venice. The driver surrendered after a hitting dead-end near the Santa Monica Airport. The passenger was taken into custody a couple of hours later after bailing from the car and hopping into the ocean near the Venice Boardwalk.
- Want late night and weekend service on Metro buses? More shade and benches at bus stops? Or how about real-time information about arrival and departure times? The city of Los Angeles is seeking feedback on an online forum about transit improvements it can make in the West L.A. area in the next 25 years.
- One man was killed and another critically injured in a shooting Friday in West L.A., near La Cienega Boulevard and Guthrie Avenue.
- An investigation by Santa Monica College found a police officer violated policy by pepper-spraying student protesters last spring.
- Five people were charged this week in connection with a violent armed robbery at a Nordstrom Rack store in Westchester, where 14 employees were held hostage and one was sexually assaulted.
— City News Service contributed to this report.