So, it looks like my prediction of a summer slowdown for a North of Montana Avenue real estate may have been a tad hasty. As soon as 346 16th St. hit the market, agents and buyers were clamoring for appointments and offer presentation opportunities. The home, near Marguerita Ave. was listed for $2.5 million and is reported to be under contract with one of the eleven parties for slightly more than $2.6 million. The restored Spanish style home is small by neighborhood standards, is situated on an apx. 7,500 sq. ft. lot, has a guest house over the garage, a beautiful pool and is expected to close escrow within the next few weeks.
Here is your real estate news:
- 622 25th St.: 6bd + 7ba. $5.19 million, new Listing. Designed by Clark Remington and completed in 2006. This home has a huge basement, generous proportions, perfect floor plan and a really nice backyard. The last home in a similar category that sold over $5 million was about six months ago on 23rd St.
- 425 26th St.: 5bd + 6.5ba. $2.74 million, relist, distressed (short) sale. Big beautiful custom built home north of Montana Ave. Bank approved price, built in 2006. This side of 26th St. is actually in Brentwood, not Santa Monica, so it has a Santa Monica mailing address but Los Angeles for all City services.
NEW SALES (IN ESCROW/PENDING)
- 317 Marguerita Ave.: 5bd + 4.5ba., $4.25 million, looks like I was wrong with my “fully priced” comment last week as this house is now under contract. It last sold in 2010 for $2,960,000 and I thought it would get torn down.
- 369 22nd St.: 5bd + 4.5ba., $3.39 million, English style, apx. 3,800 sq. ft. on a 50x151, apx. 7,550 sq. ft. lot. This house was built in 1934 but significantly updated and remodeled over the years. Took only a week to get into escrow this time.
- 477 21st Pl.: 4bd + 5.5ba., $2.99 million, this was originally offered only as part of a two – property package. With a couple of price reductions and a separation from the adjacent parcel it is now under contract. Apx. 9,880 sq. ft. corner lot.
- 346 16th St.: 4bd + 3ba., $2.49 million, sold in a week for more than $100,000 over asking. Very little yard but the house is super charming. There is a guest house over the garage. Originally built in 1930. Three bedrooms/ two baths upstairs; one bedroom/ one bath downstairs. Last sold in 1998 for $1.34 million.
- 340 18th St.: 5bd + 3.5ba., $3.77 million, restored and remodeled Monterey Colonial almost 5,000 sq. ft. with all the modern amenities for today’s lifestyle. Gated and private front garden.
- 509 21st Pl.: 6bd + 5.5ba., $3.7 million, architectural Modern design with unique elevations, large finished basement with home theater and beautiful pool.
- 534 10th St.: 4bd + 3.75ba. $3.46 million, stunning Mediterranean designed by architect Harold Zellman. Remodeled with premium finishes.
- 619 Euclid St.: 5bd + 4.5ba. $2.73 million, north of Montana Mediterranean gem flooded with light apx. 4,200 sq. ft. per owner.
- 524 14th St.: 4bd + 3ba. $1.82 million, land value, 1920’s Spanish, detached guest house. Look for a new home here in 12-18 months.