By the time some of you read this, the restriping of Montana Avenue will be complete and include the addition of buffered bike lanes between Ocean Avenue and 17th Street. The way I understand it, “buffered” bike lanes are designed to buffer the cyclists from car drivers and vice-versa. Many major cities throughout the U.S. have been creating these lanes as a way to promote cycling, and protect citizens from cars.
These and other “improvements” have made Montana Avenue a little chaotic lately. Plumbing repairs, fiber optics, new parking meters, bike lock stands, resurfacing, and now re-painting have taken many months to complete. In addition to the Santa Monica Police Department’s enforcement of cell phone, window tint and cross walk violations make for a very busy street scene.
I have worked in a Montana Avenue office for more than 23 years and have never seen this number of changes in such a short period of time—and I have never experienced such a short period of time take so many months.
Here is your real estate update: In the past eight days there were two new listings, four new sales and four closed escrows in the area north of Montana Avenue, excluding the Santa Monica Canyon.
- 1820 San Vicente: 4bd + 3.5ba. $2.89 million, new listing, corner of San Vicente and 19th Street. This lot is 12,906 sq. ft. Currently leased and being used as a sober living home.
- 2520 Alta Ave: 3bd + 2.75ba. $1.99 million, charming Spanish on larger corner lot. Beautiful backyard with pool in the Franklin School boundaries.
NEW SALES (NOW IN ESCROW/SALE PENDING)
- 859 Woodacres Rd.: $8.99 million, sold in quickly after being re-listed as SFH (It was listed as raw land for many months prior). Almost one acre with stunning views of the Riviera Country Club.
- 509 21st Pl.: 6bd + 5.5ba. $3.99 million, Architectural modern design with unique elevations, large finished basement with home theater and beautiful pool.
- 524 15th St.: 3bd + 4.5ba. $3.55 million, elegantly desgined Mediterranean home with fine craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- 524 14th St.: 4bd + 3ba. $1.79 million, sold with multiple offers in less than two weeks. Land value, 1920’s Spanish, detached guest house. Look for a new home here in 12-18 months.