A friend emailed me this last week with this crime alert and I thought it might be important for everyone to see.
Here is how the victim (who lives in the 200 block of 24th Street) detailed the incident:
“The break-in happened at around 12:30 am. We do have an alarm system and we use it regularly, but unfortunately we both fell asleep reading last night and did not have it armed. The doors were locked and we had left a light on in our living room. My husband woke up when he heard the door chime say a door was open. He went down stairs to check on it and saw all the lights and the kitchen ceiling fan on. He also noticed a car pulling out of our driveway. He went to the door that had been opened and saw that the dog door which we do not use was open. That was how they got in our house They must have walked around our first floor, for they took things that they thought had money in them into the kitchen and sorted them for cash on the kitchen table. They took the cash, a Nintendo DS and a speaker for our iPad. They also took all of our car keys. They tried to steal my car but could not figure out how to overcome the theft protection system. So they moved to the next car and drove off. They seemed to just be after the cash and the cars. The police still have not located our car … we are members of SMPA.”
Here is your real estate news: four homes hit the market, four homes sold and four homes closed this week. Here are the details:
- 2121 La Mesa Dr.- 6bd + 8ba. $12.5 million. Re-list. This home was on the market last year and after a seemingly anemic price reduction was taken off the market. My guess is that with the increased demand this year, this time it will sell. It’s apx. 8,500 sq. ft. on an apx. 15,500 sq. ft. golf course view lot.
- 208 Adelaide Dr.- 4bd + 5.5ba. $11.85 million. New Listing. Designer drama everywhere in this unique Monterey Colonial. Apx. 20,500 sq. ft. lot. Ocean and mountain views.
- 509 17th St.- 5bd + 3ba. $2.5 million. New Listing. This is a tweener in my opinon—it may be a tear down but someone might choose to rehab it. It’s classic Spanish style has broad appeal so this won’t languish on the market.
- 709 10th St. - 4bd + 3.5ba. $2.49 million. New Listing. Contemporary Craftsman Style home apx. 3,300 sq. ft. only two bedrooms upstairs, very done (and specific) close to Montana Ave.
- 526 Palisades Ave.- 5bd +3.75ba. $4.2 million. Sold in three weeks. Beautiful estate-like grounds. Guest house over detached garage. Private and serene.
- 733 19th St.- 3bd + 2.5ba. $2.49 million. Tastefully updated, dramatic and emotional 1920’s Spanish home north of Montana (see photo below).
- 339 20th St.- 4bd + 3.5ba. $2.09 million. First offer fell through but got sold a few later in multiples again. Classic 1920’s Spanish w/all the old world charm.
- 555 26th St.- 4bd + 4ba. $1.95 million. Huge apx. 9,900 sq. ft. lot. Original 1932 Spanish 2 story Trust sale w/circular driveway. Rehab or build new, create your dream house.
- 2202 Georgina Ave. - 7bd + 8.5ba. Pence Hathorn Silver sold this before it even hit the MLS! One of the highest “quiet” sales on record north of Montana in Santa Monica. Call me for details.
- 258 16th St. - 5bd + 5.5ba. Was listed for $3.99 million sold for $3.95 million.
- 427 21st St. - 5bd + 4.5ba. Was listed for $3.57 million and sold for $3.62 million.
- 1424 Marguerita Ave. - 5bd + 4.5ba. Was listed for $2.99 million and sold for $3.07 million.