You’ve no doubt heard of Spring Cleaning. As much as you dread it, when it’s finally done your house is fresh and clean. Now, introduce yourself to Fall Cleaning. Like its Spring counterpart, it readies you and your home for a new season.
Put cash in your pocket and empty those stored boxes taking up space in your garage and more importantly, reduce your waste! Join the City in celebrating REUSE. Participate in the City’s 3rd Annual Citywide Yard Sale. Residents and local organizations are encouraged to sign up and enjoy the benefits of a catalog listing their featured items and a resource list of charitable organizations accepting donations.
Whether you are trying to clear out your garage or searching for secondhand treasures, this event is for you. Here’s how to get started:
- Register online at www.smgov.net/r3 before September 14th!
- Plan your own set up right in your own front yard! (Invite your neighbors to join in.)
- September 22nd - Wake up early and set out your goodies.
- After collecting a wad of cash from your treasures, survey what is leftover and determine what can be donated to local organizations using the Reuse Resource List available online!
- Mark your calendars – Save the date.
- Keep your eye on www.smgov.net/r3 for a map of participating locations and the items for sell available beginning September 15th.
- Visit the City on September 22nd and find your treasure!
See you at the sale!