Colorado Avenue street improvements and widening are set to begin today as part of the Expo Phase II line for Santa Monica.
Crews will work between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and construction activities will take place in the parking lane on the south side of Colorado Avenue from:
¨ 9th Street to 14th Street (Street widening and various improvements)
¨ 5th Street to 9th Street (Sidewalk improvements only)
(Limited construction activities will occur west of Lincoln Boulevard, from Nov. 27, 2013 through Jan. 5, 2014, contingent upon city approval)
Street widening will require the placement of concrete barriers (K-rail) along the parking lane on the south side of Colorado Avenue to delineate the work zone. Work activities to take place behind the K-rail, include saw-cutting and removal of concrete and asphalt, excavation of soil, backfilling of soil and demolition and restoration of curb, gutter and asphalt.
· Traffic lanes on Colorado Avenue will be maintained throughout the construction area.
· Colorado Avenue between 9th Street -14th Street:
¨ Street parking will be prohibited on the south side of Colorado Avenue.
¨ Pedestrian access will be maintained on the north side of Colorado Avenue.
· Colorado Avenue between 5th Street and 9th Street:
¨ Street parking and pedestrian access will be maintained at all times on one side of the street.
· Electronic message boards, directional signage and/or flagmen will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
· Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
· Parking restrictions will be implemented and strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
· Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
· Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
· For additional information, contact the City of Santa Monica Public Works Department at 310-458-8736.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)