Metro has announced that there will be a full closure of Centinela Avenue in order to work on the Centinela Bridge at the Expo Right of Way crossing, starting on Thursday, Aug. 22.
Construction will take place from Thursay, Aug. 22-23 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Centinela Avenue at the Expo ROW Crossing, according to Metro.
Construction crews will remove the bridge deck framework that was used for the cast-in-place concrete bridge over Centinela Avenue.
Centinela Avenue will be closed to all traffic during nighttime work hours between Olympic Boulevard and Exposition Boulevard.
- All traffic lanes will be open to through traffic during daytime hours.
- Electronic message boards will be used to advise of the closures and manage traffic detours to update commuters as necessary.
- Directional signage and/or flagmen will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels and sound blankets will be installed if required to buffer any noise that may impact the surrounding community.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.