This is the latest update from the city's “Be Excited! Be Prepared” campaign about public construction projects happening across Santa Monica:
- EXPO PHASE II: Building demolition is now complete, and utility relocations are starting now. Work crews are now moving currently located under Colorado Avenue between 14th Court and 17th Court.
- DOWNTOWN PARKING STRUCTURE 6: The 350-space structure at 1431 2nd St. was recently from the top down. Next, contractors will begin shoring and excavation to build the three levels of underground parking before constructing the additional levels above ground. Construction will be underway through late 2013.
- NEW CIVIC CENTER PARKS: The activity across the street from City Hall is the preliminary stages of construction for the new Civic Center Parks, including the future Palisades Garden Walk. Crews are relocating utilities and prepping soil. Watch the new webcam to see how work continues to progress.
- TRAFFIC SIGNAL IMPROVEMENT: The fourth phase of the Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) project is underway. This phase will connect 40 signal-controlled intersections along Arizona Avenue, the Office District on Ocean Park Boulevard, and Mid-City areas to the city’s centralized control system with fiber optic cables. Work is currently underway, and you may see crews along Broadway, Colorado, Olympic, or Cloverfield.
- THIRD STREET COURT WATER MAIN: Work is complete at the block between Arizona Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard and Broadway to Santa Monica Boulevard blocks. Work is now underway in the Santa Monica to Arizona block with half of the water main currently replaced. The scheduled completion for the third and final block is June 2012.