It's less than 24 hours till , and runners are . Meanwhile, Santa Monica residents are bracing themselves for a massive influx of visitors to the city (50,000 are anticipated, according to Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce CEO Laurel Rosen).
Also, there is now a 100 percent chance of rain on Sunday, which should make everything a lot more interesting.
Runners will be entering the city on San Vicente, taking it all the way west, turning left on Ocean and finishing at Ocean and California. From there, they will be directed to walk south on Ocean to the parking lot, where the post-race party will be held.
(See pre-race photos of the course right .)
The aforementioned streets are not the only ones in Santa Monica that will be closed for much of the day. Below is a full breakdown, followed by a list of detour routes.
Santa Monica street closures for the LA Marathon (from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m., unless otherwise noted):
• San Vicente Blvd., in its entirety in Santa Monica (2 a.m. to 4 p.m.; local access at San Vicente Blvd. and 26th St.)
• Montana Ave., local access only at 26th St., 20th St., 14th St., Lincoln Blvd., Seventh St., Fourth St. and Second St.
• The California Incline, in its entirety
• Ocean Ave., from San Vicente Blvd. to Pico Blvd. (2 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
• Georgina Ave., from 26th St. to 1st Ct., local-access only
• 26th St. to 1st Ct., from Georgina Ave. to San Vicente Blvd., local-access only
• Side streets between Fourth St. and Ocean Ave., from San Vicente Blvd. to Montana Ave.: Georgina Ave., Marguerita Ave., Alta Ave., Palisades Ave., Montana Pl. N.
• Fourth St. and Olympic Dr.
• Fourth St., local-access only at California Ave., Wilshire Blvd., Arizona Ave., Santa Monica Blvd., Broadway St., Colorado Ave.
• Second St., local-access only at Idaho Ave., Washington Ave., California Ave., Wilshire Blvd., Arizona Ave., Santa Monica Blvd., Broadway St., Colorado Ave.
• Southbound onto the Pacific Coast Highway at Ocean Ave.
• Main St. from Colorado Ave. to Pico Blvd.
Santa Monica detour routes for the LA Marathon:
• Wilshire Blvd., from Lincoln Blvd. to Bundy Dr.
• Santa Monica Blvd., from Lincoln Blvd. to Bundy Dr.
• Olympic Ave., from 14th St. to Bundy Dr.
• The 10 Freeway
• Lincoln Blvd., from Wilshire Blvd. to Olympic Blvd.
(Go here for a map of the street closures and detour routes.)
• Go here for real time parking availability.
• From midnight to 6 a.m., the Civic Center structure and lot, as well as the parking lots at 2030 Ocean Ave. and 2600 Barnard Way, will be open for reserved pre-sale parking for runners.
• From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., parking lots and structures will be open but be priced at special-event rates.
• After 6 p.m., the parking rates will revert to their usual Sunday night rates.
• Meters will operate as usual.
• While the Sunday farmers market will happen on Main St., there won't be any free parking in the beach lots.
• Free bike valet parking for runners will be offered from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. in front of , and at Broadway and Ocean.
Biking and Walking:
• Bikers and pedestrians will not be allowed on San Vicente Blvd.
• Bikers and pedestrians will not be allowed on Ocean Ave. from San Vicente Blvd. to Pico Blvd.
• Bikers and pedestrians will not be allowed on streets intersecting San Vicente Blvd.
• Streets intersecting Ocean Ave. from San Vicente to Moomat Ahiko Way will have a hard closure (bikers and pedestrians not allowed) for roughly a half-block.
• Pedestrians, and bikers using the bike valet, will be allowed on Main St.
will run on their normal Sunday schedules, with the following exceptions:
• Routes 4 and 9 will not be in service
• The remaining routes will start and end on 11th St.
• West of 11th St., a free shuttle will run in a loop from 11th St. to Colorado to Sixth St. to Santa Monica Blvd.
Also, be aware that delays are possible. Big Blue Bus representatives will be available Sunday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 310.451.5444.
Additional LA Marathon coverage on Santa Monica Patch:
This article was updated on Saturday at 12:16 p.m.