Themed science and technology, the sixth annual Santa Monica Fourth of July parade will wind its way down Main Street starting at 9:30 a.m. July 4.
The 1.5-mile route will take revelers from the Santa Monica Civic Center at 1855 Main Street south, west on Marine Street and north on Bernard Way before ending just short of Ocean Park Boulevard.
"This year parade’s theme will emphasize science and technology, so put on your propeller hats and activate your anti-matter pods as we hope to see a spirited display of the imaginative, inventive spirit of our nation’s founders— Benjamin Franklin was an inventor, after all," the Ocean Park Association said in a press release.
A number of street closures will be in effect and organizers said to expect bus delays and detours.
- Civic Center garage and surface lot, $3 (opens at 6:30 a.m.)
- Santa Monica Place, first three hours are free (opens at 6:30 a.m.)
- Parking meters west of Main Street
- Main from Colorado to Pico 6-12 p.m.
- Main from Pico to Marine 9-12 p.m.
- Neilson at Marine 10-11 a.m.
- Pico, Bay, Bicknell, Pacific, Strand Hollister, Ocean Park, Hill, Ashland, Pier and Marine between Fourth and Neilson Way 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.