1. Art, Politics and Social Change. A free, Activist Support Circle forum on the importance of art in helping to create better communities takes place this Wednesday, Sept. 25 at Santa Monica Friends Meeting Hall, 1440 Harvard Street, Santa Monica 90404 (Free on-site parking). 7 p.m. Click here for more details.
2. Also on Wednesday, the Santa Monica Democratic Club hosts Henry Waxman, who will be talking about Syria, Immigration, the budget deficit and more. 7 p.m. Santa Monica Public Library. Click here for more details.
3. Stout Burgers is officially open in Santa Monica. Zagat reports the latest expansion of the Hollywood burger chain includes “free-range beef, organic ground chicken and quinoa veggie burgers topped with everything from sweet onions to smoky bacon, roasted tomatoes, farm-fresh eggs or chutney mayo.” 111 N. Santa Monica Blvd. More details here.
4. The Emerald Isle comes to Santa Monica… in the form of actor Pierce Brosnan’s car. The James Bond star was recently spotted driving his SUV around in Santa Monica bearing the license plate. PB: EIRE, as a tip to his Irish heritage (see picture above).
5. Eater LA reports that Michael Cardenas' Taberna Arros y Vi on 2nd Street in Santa Monica will be upgrading to a full bar from beer and wine only in the next couple of weeks. Are you excited? Tell us in the comments.