1. The 8th Annual Alternative Car Expo will take place this Friday and Saturday Sept. 20 and 21 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days at the Santa Monica Civic Center, 1855 Main Street. Among the highlights: attendees will be able to see and drive the largest collection of electric, hydrogen, propane, natural gas, bio-diesel and hybrid vehicles on the West Coast. For more information visit www.altcarexpo.com
2. The Santa Monica Public Library’s Ocean Park Branch and the Santa Monica League of Women Voters host Chuck McFadden, author of Trailblazer: A Biography of Jerry Brown on Thursday, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. Trailblazer is the first biography written about Governor Jerry Brown in over 30 years. For more information call (310) 458-8683 or visit http://www.smpl.org
3. Barnes & Noble – 1201 3rd St. Promenade tonight at 7 p.m. hosts two top Young Adult authors. Ellen Hopkins will present her book Smoke and Sonya Sones will present her book To Be Perfectly Honest. Both novels novels tackle important teen issues.
4. The City of Santa Monica website at www.smgov.net has been named a finalist by the Center for Digital Government in their annual Best of the Web competition. This places the city website among the top ten on-line city portals in the country.
5. Help plan the evolution of Big Blue Bus service in Santa Monica. Share your thoughts by taking the Expo Planning Survey. http://svy.mk/1dN60p3