1. Join the Elemental Strings, Santa Monica’s original after-school music program for elementary students. Auditions are today at 3:30 p.m. Details here.
2. Go see Rossini’s Stabat Mater tonight at St. Monica’s Catholic Church at 8:30 p.m. Details here.
3. Saint John's is welcoming its beloved community to the grand opening of the new Mullin Plaza on Saturday, Oct. 5, from 12 to 4 p.m. with a Community Open House and Health Fair at 2121 Santa Monica Blvd. Details here.
4. Green Brooms Music Academy (www.greenbrooms.com) brings its open approach to music education to the Santa Monica community with their tradition of $10 lesson day on Sunday, Oct. 6 from (10 a.m.- 3 p.m.). Students, young, old, beginners, and professionals, are invited to the $10 lesson day (Normally $38) with the proceeds going to the LA Diaper Drive (www.diaperdrive.org). Details here.
5. Harvest creativity at SMMoA with a pumpkin-themed afternoon in partnership with the Watts Labor Community Action Committee. Gear up for Halloween this Sunday at 11 a.m. Check it out here.