1. Give in to your triskaidekaphobia and head down to the Aero in Santa Monica to see all four ‘Friday the 13th’ films tonight. The fun (and gore) starts at 5 p.m. Click here for details.
2. On Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Barnes & Noble 1201 3rd St. Promenade, Theodore Getty Gaston will sign his book Alone Together: My Life with J. Paul Getty.
3. The Pacific Opera presents Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Mikado. This interpretation is influenced by the eclectic Harajuku style. At the Miles Memorial Playhouse, 1130 Lincold Blvd. Santa Monica. Running Sept. 13 – 22. Click here for times and details.
4. It’s too late to sign up but you can certainly head down to the beach and watch the ‘Anything But Three’ surf contest happening Saturday, Sept. 14 at 8am at Santa Monica State Beach Tower 26. Not your typical surf contest, this is an open contest where all ages and skill levels compete against each other on boards provided by our top surfboard brands. Click here for details.
5. Ron Kovic (the inspiration behind the movie Born on the Fourth of July) will be honored on Saturday, Sept. 14 at 2 p.m. at the Capshaw Spielberg Center for Arts and Educational Justice. New Roads School 3131 Olympic Blvd Santa Monica CA. Come join the free screening. Details here.