1. Naam Yoga Celebrates International Peace Day at Santa Monica Pier on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. ahead of the Heal the Bay Cleanup. Details here.
2. And speaking of Heal the Bay, it is coastal cleanup day tomorrow. Come join the festivities and help the environment. Everything you need to know is right here.
3. It’s also the Great Recycle event this weekend at the Santa Monica Pier. Look for the 30-foot tall blue bin, return your empty beverage containers and receive gifts for doing so. What gifts you ask? Check them out (and details on how to participate) here.
4. Saturday is also the start of the week long Buy Local Expo on the 3rd Street Promenade. Local restaurants, including The Lobster and Del Frisco's Grille and Seasons 52, will offer free cooking demos. There will also be free yoga and dance classes, food samples and live entertainment from local musicians. Click here for more details.
5. The critically acclaimed WaveFest TheatreFest continues at the Church in Ocean Park. Plays written about Santa Monica? What’s not to love? Check out the amazing array of options here.